The City and the St. Helens School District teamed up two years ago to provide recreation activities for community youth and adults. This is a link to the most recent report to the City Council about the program: Recreation Report to the City Council There is a $2.00 fee charged on the monthly City utility bill to provide a stable base of funding for the program. The fee began to be collected in January, 2020 and will expire in December, 2021. This means that the City Council and staff will need to engage the community to determine how to continue to fund the program beginning in 2022. I fully support the Recreation Program. It provides an essential service to promote the health and well-being of our community residents. You will see from the report how creative the current recreation director and our youth librarian have been to adapt to the challenges presented by the pandemic.
Work History Director of Religious Education, Our Lady of Perpetual Help, Indio, California, 1985-1988 Director of Religious Education, Sacred Heart Co-Cathedral, Charleston, West Virginia, 1989-1990 Director of Religious Education, Catholic Communities of Geyser, Stanford, Hobson, and Moore, Montana, 1990-1992 Director of Religious Education/Pastoral Associate, St. Frederic's, St. Helens, Oregon, 1992-1999 This is the job that brought me and my family to St. Helens. Director, CASA of Columbia County, 1999-2000 This was a bridge job as I completed my Master of Arts in Teaching program and began my teaching public school teaching career. I worked with the Columbia County Commission on Children and Families to establish an independent Court Appointed Special Advocate program in Columbia County. Unfortunately, this independent program was not viable and it was dissolved. Fortunately, a CASA continues in Columbia County throught the auspices of another org...
I have always associated the League of Women Voters with involvement in and promotion of state and national elections. I was surprised, but I suppose that I shouldn't have been, when I received an email invitation to submit information for their Voter's Guide , VOTE411.org. My responses to their three questions are below. Responses were limited to 500 characters. The first two responses are short versions of information that I put in the Oregon voters pamplet. The response to the third question about homelessness is the first time that I have written my thoughts about this topic: What kind of leadership can you bring to the City and the City Council? I will bring 28 years of community engagement to the city council that includes collaboration with public, private, and nonprofit organizations. As an educator, I believe in looking at issues from multiple perspectives. I will be independent from the influence of special interests and give thoughtful consideration to all opinions...
Comentarios
Publicar un comentario